We’re reimagining how
our law firm can make the
greatest difference over
the next decade.
We’ve got an open seat at the table. Care to join us?
Personal Injury Associate Attorney
ABOUT THE FIRM
Bridge City Law is a different kind of personal injury law firm. We prioritize service by making a positive difference for our clients, our team members, and our community. We are a group of legal professionals who choose to work together because we share the same values about how people deserve to be treated.
We believe in work-life harmony. We work together to create a supportive environment where the quality of life is the culture and where each team member is empowered in their individual roles, encouraged to grow, and recognized for their contribution.
We contribute to positive social change by participating in community programs that elevate and advance equity and inclusivity and drive innovation and sustainability to address our most pressing environmental needs.
Bridge City Law offers a hybrid work model that is designed to support flexibility and work-life harmony.
Bridge City Law is seeking an associate attorney and dynamic individual who thrives from taking initiative and is eager to meaningfully contribute to the growth and development of the firm. This is a career path opportunity and ideal for a visionary attorney. We are looking for a team player who shares our definition of a successful law practice. We are a firm that thinks expansively — beyond being simply profit-focused, and instead prioritizes purpose, people, and protecting the planet to positively impact our clients, team, families, and our community.
Are you a self-starter and innovative thinker? Have you been looking for an opportunity where your education and experience as an attorney, coupled with your desire to make a positive difference in the firm you work for and the community you live in, would not only be welcomed but encouraged?
If working for a well-established and respected personal injury law firm in the Portland metro area, a firm that has built its practice on being of service and building relationships –please, read on.
As an associate attorney, you will be responsible for proactive client care and providing exceptional quality service in the handling of your cases. Your caseload will provide an opportunity for you to apply your legal expertise and litigation skills to deliver the most optimal results for Bridge City Law clients. We are seeking a candidate who will derive meaning and fulfillment in being a fierce legal advocate for their clients, who is a strategist and has outstanding analytic and evaluation skills to successfully negotiate the best possible outcome for clients.
Recent law school graduates who have successfully passed the bar are enthusiastically encouraged to apply.
Bridge City Law is a Portland Personal Injury Law Firm built on purpose, meaning, service, and relationships. We help our clients navigate the complex personal injury claims process by providing experienced, compassionate, and responsive legal counsel and expertise. We are currently pursuing our B Corp Certification because we align with the idea and philosophy that business (and law firms) can be a force for good.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
A Bridge City Law Attorney provides legal advice, guidance, and representation to injured clients while ensuring that they receive justice and are fully compensated for their losses. They meet with prospective clients to evaluate potential personal injury and workers’ compensation claims and provide legal advice.
As lawyers, there is great emphasis placed on knowing the technical aspects of what we do and getting a fair resolution of a case for our clients. Unfortunately, there is not enough on the actual relationships that clients experience with attorneys, in general. At BCL, the relationship experience that our clients have IS as important as us knowing the ins and outs of being a personal injury lawyer. A great settlement for a client is directly affected by how a client “feels’ they were treated by their attorney. This is why we greatly emphasize returning clients’ phone calls, emails, and texts quickly. It is why our attorneys have regular contact with clients, so they know we see them as important and valuable as a person, not simply a client.
While the list below is accurate, until the personal relationship is elevated, our clients will not have the full experience they are entitled to.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicating with clients to learn about their legal needs and concerns and providing them with advice
- Developing strategies to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for clients
- Explaining legal options to clients and bringing possible outcomes or concerns to their attention
- Screening potential clients
- Investigating claims and gathering evidence
- Documenting injuries and expenses
- Calculating damages
- Interviewing witnesses
- Reviewing medical documents
- Negotiating client settlements with insurance adjusters and attorneys
- Drafting pleadings and motions
- Representing clients through trial
- Counseling clients throughout the entire claims process
- Protecting clients from insurance companies and the legal system
- Building relationships with clients based on trust
- Developing arguments and representing clients in civil legal proceedings
- Preparing legal documents accurately and in a timely manner
- Staying informed about current legislation concerning our legal specialties
- Finding ethical solutions to legal matters
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to delivering high-quality work consistently
- Ability to analyze and articulate the legal issues and considerations for your case
- Excellent writing capabilities to clearly and succinctly articulate your case and position
- Strong verbal and written skills utilizing legal acumen
- Skilled in shifting with ease, from communicating as an attorney with other attorneys to communicating with clients as their legal advisor
- Confidence in stating and advocating for your position
- Developed research and negotiation skills
- Natural ability to work collaboratively with a team and with your paralegal
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to be responsive and prioritize urgent matters
- Dedication to personal and professional development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degrees including Psychology, Sociology, or Anthropology are helpful
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from an accredited law school
- Active license to practice law in Oregon and Washington is a bonus
- Prior personal injury experience is a plus but not required
- The salary range for the associate attorney with Bridge City Law is based on the national/nationwide/state-side market range for the role and responsibilities of this position. The salary offered for the position will be determined by the skills, education, training, credentials, and experience of the candidate, as well as other candidate-specific factors.
- 30% of the attorney fee when a case settles, estimated at $75K – $135K
- Inclusive, welcoming, and caring culture
- 401(k) with a 3% employer contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance or HSA, including free preventative care
- Flexible spending accounts
- 80 Hours paid time off in your first year
- Paid and unpaid sick leave where applicable, as well as short and long-term disability
- Parental and family leave
- Career development and tuition assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe that each individual in our firm, the way we serve our clients, and how we contribute to our community are better when there is equity, and diverse perspectives come together.